Love Culture International Inc. (“Love Culture”) values our customers and respects your privacy. We collect information about you in our stores and through our Website in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests, and promotions. As described in this policy, we may share your information among our brands, as may be applicable, and, under certain circumstances, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service. We may also share your information when we are legally required to do so.
What kind of information does Love Culture collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc., when you visit our Website, store, place an order online or by phone, make a purchase, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone and in our stores. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners and from unrelated third parties.
How does Love Culture use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To process and fulfill your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
• To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
• To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
• To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
• To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
• To enhance your shopping experience in our stores or online
• To analyze trends and statistical data
• To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business
• To contact you if necessary
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section below entitled, "How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?"
Does Love Culture share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
• We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
• We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
• We may share your information if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Love Culture.
In addition, if you choose to participate in any third-party scrip, loyalty, or similar program in which a Love Culture brand is a participating vendor, and you authorize Love Culture or our credit card processor to provide information about your purchases to the company administering the program, we will share your personal information with that program. In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Love Culture or any of our businesses, assets or brands, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online sites, such as your name and contact information. To access your information at a Love Culture Website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
You can also request us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section below entitled, "How do I contact you?" Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to ten business days for your email request and six to eight weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
Love Culture wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section below entitled, "How do I contact you?"
Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from the Love Culture brand. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to ten business days to process your email request and six to eight weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Love Culture. If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our Website or our stores or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How does Love Culture protect kids' privacy?
Love Culture is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of thirteen without prior verifiable parental consent. Our Website is a general audience site and is not targeted to or intended for use by children.
Our Website use "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a Website. Cookies enable you to shop on our Website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, then please contact our customer service as described in the section below entitled, "How do I contact you?".
How does Love Culture use pixel tags?
We use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our Website and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our sites may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the sites. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the Website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other Websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our Website, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We take precautions, including the use of encryption technologies and authentication tools, to protect the security of your personal information and to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our Website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, depending upon your browser, then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
What is "phishing"?
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through email.
What about links to other Websites?
How do I contact you?
Love Culture Customer Service
2423 E. 23rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90058
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Love Culture who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the above address with the attention to Love Culture (California Privacy Rights).
When you visit the Love Culture Website, we collect customer information to improve the content of our Website for marketing and promotional purposes. Each time you visit our Website, our Web server automatically recognizes your IP address, monitor resolution and what type of browser you are using. We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, and collect customer information gathered in the course of joining our online member base and/or processing sales transactions. We do not gather any personally identifying information about you when you visit this Website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you supply us with your email address, you may receive periodic emails from us announcing product information, promotional events, or updates to our Website. If you do not wish to receive such email updates please contact us to opt out as described in the section above entitled, "How do I contact you?"
We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (minors younger than thirteen years old). If you are a parent and believe we may have inadvertently collected such information from your child, please contact us immediately as described in the section above entitled, "How do I contact you?"
When you view our Website, we may store some information on your computer's hard drive. This information will be in the form of a "Cookie." Cookies enable us to establish the shopping cart session and allow you to purchase items on-line at our Website. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can change your browser setting to not accept Cookies. Without accepting a Cookie, you can browse through our Website, but you will be unable to establish a shopping cart session and make a purchase online.
This Website makes every effort to protect your online order information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts your order information to ensure it remains private and secure. To check the security of your connection, check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the Website will change from "http" to "https". You may also see a closed lock or unbroken key image. This also indicates that your session on our website is secure using SSL.
Some browsers and firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you will be unable to connect to our server so you will not have to worry about mistakenly placing an order through an unsecured connection.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR UNITED LC CAPITAL LLC DBA LOVE CULTURE “The D.U.F.F.” GIVEAWAY PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The D.U.F.F. Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia ages eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. No one under the age of eighteen (18) will be permitted to enter this Promotion under any circumstances. Void in Puerto Rico and in any location where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of United LC Capital LLC, dba Love Culture (“Sponsor”), its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, of CBS Films, and of participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and members of such employees’ immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee, are not eligible. Entry submission constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding, in all matters related to this Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon the entrant fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning February 11, 2015 at 12:01 AM (ET) through March 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM (ET), according to Sponsor’s time clock (the “Promotion Period”), but not later, please submit one (1) entry using any one the following methods of your choosing: Online. Go to www.loveculture.com/duffcontest and follow the entry instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. If you already receive emails from Love Culture or are a registered user, you must still submit an entry online to participate in the drawing. In-store. Go to any participating Love Culture store near you and tell the sales representative you wish to enter the Sweepstakes, who will enter the information required for the drawing into the in-store electronic Promotion entry system. You will not receive a receipt. Mailing. Hand write your name, telephone number, and email address, along with the words LOVE CULTURE on a piece of paper and enclose it in a stamped envelope, and mail it via U.S. Mail to United LC Capital, LLC, Attn: LOVE CULTURE’S “The D.U.F.F.” GIVEAWAY ENTRY, 2423 E. 23rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90058. Your Sweepstakes entry must be postmarked by March 9, 2015 and received by March 16, 2015. One entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for entries lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, invalid, stolen, or misdirected. Any attempt by an entrant to submit more than one (1) entry, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void all entries by that entrant and can result in disqualification. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries submitted using any kind of bot or automated technology, macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry, if discovered, will be deleted and will result in disqualification. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission or mailing does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant , the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address provided with the entry who is qualified to participate in the drawing. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. At the occasion of entry submission, entrant may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails, reminders for upcoming promotions, and information from or about Sponsor and/or to become a registered user of www.loveculture.com. Consenting to receive such e-mails and/or become a registered user is entirely optional, is not required in order to enter the Promotion, and does not improve entrant’s chances of winning.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected on or about March 16, 2015 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by United LC Capital LLC whose decisions are final. Such decisions may include, but are not limited to, whether an entry adheres to the entry criteria, the time of entry receipt by the store(s), and the eligibility of the entrant. By participating in the contest, entrants agree that Sponsor may contact them . The Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, computer or network malfunction, tampering, record keeping problems of any cause or nature, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner (“Winner”), and up to 49 guests (number of guests dependent on size of winner’s local theatre seating capacity) will receive a private hometown screening of the The DUFF movie at a theater near winner’s residence, subject to availability. Total Approximate Prize Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $900. Actual Grand Prize ARV may differ depending local theatre ticket prices and seating capacity, and Winner will not be entitled to any surplus between the actual prize value and stated value. Theater and the screening date shall be selected solely at the discretion of CBS Films. The event date (in or around March 2015), time, and location are subject to change or cancellation. No substitution of prizing or cash payout will be available, even if winner is unable to attend. No transportation to or from the screening theater is provided for winners or guests. One (1) Second Prize: 1 $150 Love Culture Gift Card. Two (2) Third Prizes: Two (2) The Duff cast-signed movie poster worth one hundred U.S. dollars ($100) each. Two (2) Fourth Prizes: Two (2) Fandango Gift Cards worth fifty U.S. dollars ($50) each valid toward the purchase of movie tickets on www.fandango.com for participating theaters in the U.S. (restrictions apply). Total value of all prizes: $1,450.00.
5. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email or telephone (at Sponsor’s discretion) on or after March 16, 2015. In the event that Winner does not respond to notification within 72 hours, an alternate winner will be selected (up to three times), after which time the prize will not be awarded. Winners’ List: For winners’ names, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to LOVE CULTURE’S “The D.U.F.F.” GIVEAWAY Winners’ List, 2423 E. 23rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90058, post stamped by July 13, 2015.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have a valid e-mail address or valid phone number. It is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail or phone number. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. This is a taxable event and winners may be asked for their social security number and issued a form 1099 as required under Federal Law, in order to receive prize. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 72 hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. As a condition for attending the private hometown screening, each guest of a Winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor and CBS Films a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 72 hours following the date of first attempted notification to Winner of the date of the private screening. A guest who fails to comply with this deadline may be barred from attending the private hometown screening. A winner’s acceptance of the prize, and a guest’s attendance of the private hometown screening, each constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use such winner’s and guest’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting a prize or by attending the private hometown screening, each winner, and each one of his or her guests, if any, agrees to release and hold Sponsor, CBS Films, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and agents, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, and contractors harmless from and against any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Promotion or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing, or publication of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or its integrity by cheating, hacking, engaging in deception or other unfair playing practices, or by abusing, threatening or harassing other entrants or intending to do so. Caution: Any attempt by an actual or prospective entrant to deliberately damage any Web site involved in the Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Los Angeles, California, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California State law, without reference to California’s choice of law rules, governs the these Official Rules, the Promotion, and all matters related to the same, including any all disputes concerning their construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED (AND IN AK, HI, RI). ENTRY BY MARCH 9, 2015 AT 11:59 PM (ET). MUST BE RESIDENT OF AN US STATE (AK, HI, AND RI EXCLUDED) AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS PROMOTION USING YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY. ADDITIONAL RULES AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR DETAILS. ACCEPTANCE OF COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES IS A CONDITION FOR PARTICIPATION.